My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chicken Picatta

Here is my chicken picatta recipe and directions. This is a relatively easy meal, and it takes very little time!

3 Boneless chicken breasts
Flour for dredging
Salt & Pepper
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. good olive oil
2 tsp. capers (rinsed and drained)
2 lemons (juice one, slice one)
1/2 c. chicken stock/broth
1/4 c. white wine
1 pat of butter

The first thing you should do is make sure your chicken breasts are butterflied (this prevents them from being overly thick and allows a quicker cooking time), once they are butterflied, half them as well. Salt and pepper them to taste, making sure to season both sides. Dredge in the flour and knock off any extra, you want a light dusting.
Heat the butter and oil in your pan and once it gets hot, begin frying the chicken pieces. This usually takes about 5-8 minutes, depending on how many pieces are in the pan. No overcrowding! We want nice golden brown color here. Once they are golden brown and done, remove from the pan, to a plate and continue cooking until all your chicken is cooked.
Don't drain your oil/butter. Instead, add the chicken stock to the pan and with a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan and deglaze. This allows all those yummy brown bits to release and there is so much flavor there! Once your sauce begins to thicken, add the white wine and capers to the pan. Allow this sauce to simmer for a bit to thicken and add the juice of one lemon and the remaining pat of butter.
Place your chicken pieces onto a platter and pour the sauce directly over the top. Garnish with sliced lemon pieces.

I always serve my Picatta with a side of angel hair pasta. That part is totally up to you :)
Enjoy!



Frying the dredged chicken pieces.



Allow the chicken to sit while you finish cooking the rest of the pieces.



Making the sauce!



Buon Mangiare! "Happy Eating"!

No comments:

Post a Comment