My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Friday, July 24, 2015

Disney Culinary Program

I have been accepted into the Disney Culinary Program.
Tomorrow I will be attending "Traditions", which is Disney's version of orientation. Every person who works for Disney has to attend this 8 hour class.

On Monday, I signed into the program, officially. That's when I got my position info. I'll be working at Hollywood Studios at the Sci-Fi Drive-In!

This has been a truly exciting experience, and I am so ready to start working!

I graduated from college on May 1st, and so I've been waiting to start ever since. That in and of itself was a huge experience for me, and one that I am glad I got to participate in. Walking the stage to receive my diploma at the age of 46 is such an accomplishment!  I've been reflecting on my college days lately, and I sure do miss some of my classmates. That interaction that we had is priceless, and while I know that I will be making new friends here, I miss the one's that I already have, immensely.

I also miss my grandson. My heart was so broken the day that we drove away, to move down to the Orlando area. I cried, and cried, and cried. I had a long, quiet ride, by myself to think and cry more. I know that I will see him on visit's and special occasions, but I feel as if I let him down by moving away while he is so young. His 1st birthday is next month, and I cannot wait to see him and spend that special day with him!

I am hoping to be able to post pictures of the food that I make during my time in the program, but I don't know if we're allowed to use our phone/cameras at work, yet.

Until next time...happy cooking!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment