My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Menu

Every year, since birth, I have gone to my grandparent's home, for every holiday. Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, Easter, Mother's Day, the list goes on. Last year, we decided to skip tradition and stay home. It worked out perfectly fine for me, I got to cook an entire meal, from start to finish, all by myself, for 2 of the 3 people I am most thankful for!
It went well, and we had a basic, yet traditional meal. This year I am planning on doing the same menu, because, well....it's what we like! Here's what we're having. What's on your menu?

Roasted turkey
Giblet gravy
Dressing
Corn casserole
Baked, whole, sweet potatoes
Collard greens
Bread/Rolls
Cranberry sauce
Pumpkin Pie











Last year's dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment