My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Baking

     Every year I go into frenzy mode and make batches and batches of cookies and candy at Christmastime. This year I have decided to cut back on the quantity. Not because I'm a scrooge, or a miser, but because it rarely all gets eaten and it seems like such a waste of money to me. I always make divinity for my grandma, she loves the stuff. I always make peanut brittle for my papa, because that is his favorite. I will still make those things, but this year I will attempt to make them in half batches.
Here is my baking list, what's on yours?:

Sugar Cookies - the kind you decorate with icing and pretty trinkets.
Molasses crackles (cookies)
Peppermint meringues
Divinity w/pecans
Peanut brittle
Hard candy - assorted colors and flavors

No comments:

Post a Comment