My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

   The first of my holiday baking consisted of making Ina Garten's White Chocolate Bark. I added pistachios and omitted the walnuts. It's really festive with the green nuts and red cranberries :)

  Today I am continuing with my baking. First up is Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Lauren's Latest. All I can say is, Yum! The only thing I may have done differently is to allow the dough to chill for a few minutes, this way it is easier to roll into balls, and you waste less dough that gets stuck to your hands. Otherwise this is a great recipe and the result is a light, fresh, slightly lemony cookie. I love that it's not overpowering with the lemon!

  I think they go well with the place mats that my grandma so lovingly made me, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment