My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Muffins, again.

     This Tuesday, in baking lab, we made some more muffins. The last time that we made them, we used buttermilk. We were the only group that got to use buttermilk, then. This week we all used buttermilk and instead of blueberries, this time we used dried cranberries in our group. The muffins turned out pretty well! We also used the creaming method, to make sour cream muffins, and chef coached us through the process, using the kitchen aid mixers. It's a lengthy process, and in the end, it is so worth it. What your result is, is a moist, and fluffy muffin that was almost to die for. I don't think anything can compare to the sour cream muffins and I am going to definitely be making some of these at home. Yum-Yum!

     Chef also made a fresh batch of streusel topping, using only sugar, flour and butter. It tasted similar to an unbaked sugar cookie dough.

     Thanks to another group, who did not measure properly, we got to see the results of that. What was left was a sunken/concave of a muffin. They browned up nicely, though they did not have a crown. Those would have been beautiful muffins had they risen properly!
It's definitely interesting to see what can happen, and what result's you achieve with various ingredients in place of. I'm loving it more and more.


Here's our pan of sour cream muffins with streusel topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment