My Journey, Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am Mellie, and this is my journey. I am a recent, non-traditional, college/culinary student. I hope that you'll stick around for all that's to come. I hope to have tips and tricks, recipes, photo's, laughter, fears, tears, personal goal's and accomplishments and more! Please, follow me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to the future!


Photobucket

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another week...more bread!

Just a little update and more photo's from this week's 2 classes.
On Monday, we made more veal stock. It's a long story as to why we had to, but basically, we had to throw the first batch away because it sat out all night :(
We also made some poached chicken breasts, in white wine and chicken stock with dried thyme, tarragon and salt & white pepper. Then we made velouté and topped the chicken with it, and some fresh tarragon for garnish. Delicious!


This week, in baking class, we made soft, rich, brioche. And we also made baguettes! We have been practicing baguettes for a while now, and we will have a practical test on making them! :)
We also made some soft yeast rolls, they were so soft and yummy! Oh, and chef made for us some focaccia with fresh basil, tarragon, onions and Parmesan cheese. Delicious!
So, here's photo's of all of this week's bread makings....and then some!


No comments:

Post a Comment